By David R. Dupper
Read or Download A New Model of School Discipline: Engaging Students and Preventing Behavior Problems (Oxford Workshop Series: School Social Work Association of America) PDF
Best education books
Interventions for college kids who show not easy behavior
Written by means of habit experts Kaye Otten and Jodie Tuttle--who jointly have forty years of expertise operating with scholars with not easy habit in lecture room settings--this e-book deals educators a pragmatic method of handling challenge habit in faculties. it truly is jam-packed with down-to-earth recommendation, ready-to-use kinds, troubleshooting counsel, suggested assets, and teacher-tested innovations. utilizing this ebook, academics are larger capable of interfere proactively, successfully, and successfully with scholars displaying habit difficulties. The ebook comprises research-backed aid for educators and offers:
Instructions for growing and imposing an efficient class-wide habit administration program
Guidelines for constructing attractive classes and actions that train and aid optimistic behavior
Advice for supporting scholars with the self-regulation and administration their habit and feelings
'This publication tackles the most vital academic questions of the day. .. it's infrequent to discover a booklet on schooling that is theoretically subtle and essentially proper: this publication is. ' From the Foreword via Hugh Lauder what's it in the twenty-first century that we'd like teens, and adults returning to check, to understand?
Paperback version is out there from the Society of Biblical Literature (www. sbl-site. org)
- Positive Discipline in the Classroom: Developing Mutual Respect, Cooperation, and Responsibility in Your Classroom (3rd Edition)
- Algorithmic Learning Theory: 6th International Workshop,ALT '95 Fukuoka, Japan, October 18–20, 1995 Proceedings
- Soviet politics - The dilemma of power: The role of ideas in social change (Russian Research Center studies)
- Hizbu'llah: Politics and Religion (Critical Studies on Islam Series)
- Reviews of National Policies for Education Reviews of National Policies for Education: Higher Education in Egypt 2010: Edition 2010
- SONY SLV-D910
Extra resources for A New Model of School Discipline: Engaging Students and Preventing Behavior Problems (Oxford Workshop Series: School Social Work Association of America)
The procedural requirements of the IDEA (2004) grant students with disabilities more extensive due process rights than students without disabilities (Yell & Rozalski, 2008). However, these federal protections are largely limited to the suspension or expulsion of students with disabilities. ) However, beyond suspension and expulsion, students with disabilities can be disciplined in the same manner as students without disabilities (Yell & Rozalski, 2008). This is an important issue because a report by the GAO (2009) found that there are no federal laws restricting the use of seclusion and restraints in public and private schools and that there are widely divergent laws at the state level.
1. , 2009, p. 101). All stakeholders in the school community collaborate in establishing norms and behavioral expectations for the school, as well as create incentives for appropriate behavior, and constructive consequences and interventions for inappropriate behavior (Sullivan & Keeney, 2008). It has been estimated that PBIS is currently being implemented in over 7,500 schools in at least 44 states as well as several other countries (Sprague, 2008). , 1997) and a reduction in suspensions (Horner, Sugai, Todd, & Lewis-Palmer, 2005), as well as a decrease in the time that administrators spent on discipline (Scott & Barrett, 2004).
Readers are encouraged to keep up with new research findings by routinely searching databases and Web sites that contain research findings and best practice guidelines for improving school climates and reducing student behavior problems. Fortunately, a growing number of databases are available online and can be accessed from home computers or laptops connected to the Internet. Important databases that can be accessed online include ERIC, Social Sciences Citation Index, Dissertation Abstracts, PsycINFO, and Web of Science.
A New Model of School Discipline: Engaging Students and Preventing Behavior Problems (Oxford Workshop Series: School Social Work Association of America) by David R. Dupper